Virginia Career Works – Piedmont Region (VCW-Piedmont) is the region’s workforce development board for 10 counties and the city of Charlottesville. The region served includes Planning District 9 (counties of Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange, and Rappahannock) and Planning District 10 (the city of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson). The Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development serves as the administrative and fiscal agent for VCW-Piedmont.
Virginia Career Works is in search of a Mobile Resource Specialist (MRS) to meet with target sector businesses to review the Career Pathways Guide tool and gather data to further develop a database to help with student placement. Community relations and outreach is an integral part of this position. The MRS is responsible for assisting K-12 and community college students seek internship opportunities and connecting them with employers who are interested in offering internships. The MRS will provide support and guidance to employers in Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Light Manufacturing in the counties across the region about internships, work-based learning, and experiential learning to support their labor needs. The Mobile Resource Specialist’s scope of work is supervised by the Career Pathways Coordinator.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Help conduct an annual regional sector survey to ensure all businesses in the target sectors can participate in shaping the coalition’s strategy and action plans.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with employers, community partners, and internal partners to provide the most effective services possible.
- Support Career Pathways Coordinator with local Career Technical Education (CTE) and Community College Systems meetings to discuss and review work-based learning and internship standards, requirements, and expectations.
- Collaborate with Career Technical Education, Community College liaisons, and Career Coaches to support student placement.
- Educate students about career opportunities in targeted sectors as well as encourage placement opportunities which could lead to long-term employment.
- Devise individualized employment plans, use information to determine future training and/or other needs, match skill set to potential job opportunities, provide job search assistance, resume-writing, interviewing skills and make reasonable and appropriate referrals.
- Discuss sustainability plan with school division and community college leaders.
- Assist with Regional Talent Development Stakeholders and coalitions meetings for the Light Manufacturing and Food & Beverage Manufacturing sectors.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all client and staff information.
- Mobile Resource Specialist scope of work is supervised by the Career Pathways Specialist.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, Meetings, Mail)
- Strong organizational skills
- Works independently with little supervision while producing high-quality deliverables
- Learns from and works with team members cooperatively
- Ability to lift 25 pounds to transport materials, refreshments, files, handouts, and equipment
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Workforce Development Director
Virginia Career Works-Piedmont Region
1001 Research Park Blvd, Suite 301
Charlottesville VA 22911