Virginia Career Works – Piedmont Region (VCW-Piedmont) is the region’s workforce development board for 10 counties and the city of Charlottesville. The region served includes Planning District 9 (counties of Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange, and Rappahannock) and Planning District 10 (the city of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson). The Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development (CVPED) serves as the administrative and fiscal agent for VCW-Piedmont.
Virginia Career Works is in search of a Career Pathways Coordinator who will identify and cultivate relationships with regional businesses in the Light Manufacturing and Food & Beverage Manufacturing sectors to build private sector support. The coordinator will work to gain commitment and “buy-in” from new and existing businesses that used the Career Pathways Guide as coalition participants. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
SCOPE OF WORK
· Convene Regional Talent Development Stakeholders to form coalitions for the Light Manufacturing and Food & Beverage Manufacturing sectors.
· Develop a survey project plan by identifying questions and data to be analyzed.
· Establish Coalition Standing Meetings led by VCW-Piedmont in collaboration with CVPED.
· Educate employers about the business services available to assist them with their hiring needs.
· Conduct an annual regional sector survey to ensure all businesses in the target sectors
can participate and establish an action plan.
· Create a framework for a new level of cooperation between the regional partners with a
focus on creating positive experiences and outcomes for businesses and their employees.
· Coordinate meetings with local Career Technical Education (CTE) and Community College Systems to discuss and review work-based learning and internship standards, requirements, and expectations.
· Regularly schedule meetings with target sector businesses to review the Career Pathways Guide, a tool to ensure businesses in the target sectors have effective recruitment and retention tools and update the pilot database.
· Develop plans to “automate” or digitize the Career Pathways Guide tool so that it can be
accessible at least at a regional scale.
· Monitor the metrics and outcomes to ensure project success.
· Supervise the Mobile Resource Specialist.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint)
· Proficient in Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, Meetings, Mail)
· Strong organizational skills
· Works independently with little supervision while producing high-quality deliverables
· Learns from and works with team members cooperatively
· Ability to lift 25 pounds to transport materials, refreshments, files, handouts, and equipment
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Workforce Development Director
Virginia Career Works-Piedmont Region
1001 Research Park Blvd, Suite 301
Charlottesville VA 22911