The program focuses on providing assistance to the following groups:
1. Individuals residing in the City who were recently released from a correctional institution (from December 2019 to present).
2. Individuals and households in the City that are experiencing homelessness, and more specifically, households with children under the age of 18.
3. Landlords who have rental tenants that reside in the City and are at risk of experiencing homelessness due to nonpayment of rent as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fund prioritization, which is based on household income, is as follows:
- Monday, July 13th to Friday, July 24th – Households with a Gross Household Income at or below 50% of AMI
- Monday, July 27th to Friday, July 31st – Households with a Gross Household Income at or below 51% to 60% of AMI
- Monday, August 3rd – Households with a Gross Household Income at or below 61% to 80% of AMI
Please note that regardless of household income, an individual can apply at any time. However, if the gross household income is above 50% of AMI, the person will not be eligible for funding until the above mentioned dates. If you need this assistance or know of anyone who does, please share the application links below.
Tenant Application – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/housingrelieftenant
Landlord Application – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/housingrelieflandlord
For those needing assistance with the application, please call us at 434-970-3933 to schedule an appointment. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Downtown Job Center at email@example.com or 434-970-3933.